You will notice on the right hand side of our website that there is the new Ofsted Parent view logo. We welcome feedback from parents and like to know what you really think of our school, good or bad, as we can only make changes if we are aware that parents would like them. Please click here and take the time to complete the short survey on the Ofsted website. You will need an email address to be able to do this. Once we have enough comments everyone will be able to see them.
I look forward to hearing your views.
School Parent Survey
We are very pleased to report that the 2016 Parent/Carer Questionnaire demonstrates that:
- All parents/carers feel that the school informs them about their child’s progress
- All parents/carers feel that their child is making enough progress at school
- All parents/carers feel that teaching is good at Mount Gilbert
- All parents/carers feel that the school helps them to support their child’s learning
- All parents/carers feel that the school helps their child to have a healthy lifestyle
- All parents/carers feel that the school prepares their child for the future
- All parents/carers feel that the school meets their child’s particular needs
- All parents/carers feel that the school deals effectively with unacceptable behaviour
- All parents/carers are happy with their child’s experience at Mount Gilbert.
We would like to thank everyone who took the time to complete the questionnaire.
The full results can be viewed:
Our CCTV system comprises of 20 cameras located around the school site. The CCTV system is installed to:
(a) protect the school buildings and their assets
(b) increase personal safety and reduce the fear of crime
(c) support the Police in a bid to deter and detect crime
(d) assist in identifying, apprehending and prosecuting offenders
(e) protect members of the public and private property
(f) assist in managing the school
Images are controlled and retained in accordance with our CCTV policy. Please direct questions to the School Business Manager.
The majority of students at Mount Gilbert School live within Telford & Wrekin. The school also takes students from the bordering counties including Shropshire if appropriate.
All KS4 students who live close enough to school will be expected to walk. For those who live on a bus route, bus passes will be provided, and for those students who live further away taxis will be provided.
For KS3 students, again, those who live close enough will be expected to walk. We do have a home to school minibus service, operated by the school, for students who live within the area of the minibus route. Otherwise a taxi will be provided.
Mount Gilbert School
Tel: 01952 387670
Fax: 01952 387674
Situated on Hinkshay Road, Dawley. (As map shows below).
School Term Dates
|Autumn||Tuesday 6 September 2016 to Friday 16 December 2016||Friday 1 September 2017 to Friday 15 December 2017|
|Half term is the week beginning Monday 24 October 2015||Half term is the week beginning Monday 23 October 2017|
|Spring||Wednesday 4 January 2017 to Friday 7 April 2017||Tuesday 2 January 2018 to Friday 29 March 2018|
|Half term is week beginning Monday 20 February 2017||Half term is week beginning Monday 19 February 2018|
|Summer||Monday 24 April 2017 to Friday 21 July 2017||Monday 16 April 2018 to Tuesday 24 July 2018|
|Half term is week beginning Monday 29 May 2017||Half term is week beginning Monday 28 May 2018|
Our school prospectus is available for download here.
Please note this requires Adobe Reader.
Parents’ Guides and Information